Epic Restoration is a brilliant mod for anyone playing a palading or cleric type - adding tons of religious spells, a morality system and a few other things that would suit that kind of RP. In my experience, however, I was using it for a unique single feature - that is to say, the option to get out of Daedric quests while playing a heroic character (but not necessarily a holy warrior type). So, since I noticed Haptly had left their permissions open, I decided to make a stipped-down version that only contains the Renounce spell and the quests' alternate ending.
For those not familiar with Epic Restoration: this mod adds a Restoration spell called Renounce. If you cast it during a Daedric spell, it'll fail it automatically. Beware, cultists nearby may turn against you.
How to find the spell: I placed a tome in the Temple of Kynareth, on the bench next to the altar, and one in the Hall of the Vigilants, on one of the benches. Otherwise, you can add it by console.
A few notes:
- if you have several Daedric quests active, Renouncing one will cause ALL of them to fail, so be mindful.
- if cast during House of Horrors, it'll allow you and Vigilant Tyranus to get out of the house without fighting.
- it does NOT work on Vaermina's quest since I found issues with that part of the script. Since that quest has a "good guys" option anyway I didn't bother too much with it.
- If cast at the end of the Gardener of Men, *before speaking to Storn*, it'll fail the quest and start a different one, providing an alternate (and reasonably lore friendly) option to defeat Miraak. More information on the original page.
- I removed both the morality requirements and the rewards. Now all it does is giving you a "good guys path" for a few quests.
If you want the full-features mod for SSE, you can find it here.