I needed a player home in Whiterun that was larger than Breezehome, because I often have a lot of different followers that need a place to live and sleep. So I thought, that Mistveil Keep in Rifton would have the perfect size. It's a large player home but it's also quite compact, so you don't have to run around a lot to find your Followers or to reach your private chest.
I replaced some of the interior elements and I also added some stuff like a decorative waterfall (shower), some larger beds, a small bar/tavern, Whiterun banners etc.
There are two doors that will lead you downstairs. One leads to the keep's basement, where you will find some kind of barracks with additional beds (in case you really "collect" a lot of followers).
The other door will lead you to a cave underneath the keep. This cave can be used for different purpose. Leave your pets / creatures here (I usually have some werewolf companions managed with AFT or small dragons), use the cave as a prison or something or have your followers fight spawned enemies or something like that. It's up to you. The ground level of the keep is large enough to use it without the basement and the cave.
The keep has it's own travel marker. The marker is active from the beginning.
This is my first own mod so any feedback is welcome! I'm using this player home since Oldrim now and never encountered any major bugs but tell me if this mod causes you any problems.
- BETA: the file is beta for the moment because editing landscape and the exterior nav mesh can cause trouble sometimes. It works for me at the moment. I didn't encounter any bugs or errors. If i don't get any bug reports from you, I will rename it to 1.2 in a few days (or 1.3 if I should add more content)
- decorated the balcony with furniture and idle markers (npc lean on wall)
- customized the pond outside. It is now a decorative, steaming hot spring pond with idle markers, so your npcs can sit into the water and bath. Candles around the pond give some ambient light.
- changed ownership of the beds in the basement from "guards" to "none".
- renamed the esp file from asgaDBKeep_v1_0.esp to asgaDBKeep.esp, so you won't have to manually delete the old esp after updating the mod. (you will have to do so this one time though)
- basic keep with basement and cave