- All staffs now have a standard amount of charges.
- All staffs feature new crafting recipes which removes the need to know a spell to craft a staff.
- Staff enchantments have been altered to match their spell counterparts.
- New Staffs added for some master level spells and some restoration magic.
- All Staffs have a more powerful overcharged version which can be unlocked by perk.
- Unenchanted staffs are now craftable at blacksmith forges.
Staffs now have a standardized amount of charges based on what level of spell they are enchanted with.
Novice - 300 charges
Apprentice - 100 charges
Adept - 50 charges
Expert - 25 charges
Master - 5 charges
While these levels seem low, they are perfectly capable of lasting multiple fights before needing to be recharged. However, I do recommend using a mod that passively recharges enchantments such as Ordinator as it does increases the longevity of staffs. Any uniquely named staff is also likely to have higher charges than its unnamed counterpart.
In the base game, Staffs recipes consist of Heart Stones, an unenchanted staff, and also require the player to know the spell the staff will be enchanted with. In order to allow staffs to be used as an alternative to magic instead of a supplement, staff recipes have been changed to no longer require knowledge of a spell. Recipes still require heart stones and an unenchanted staff but now also require mostly alchemical ingredients such as fire and frost salts. While there is no perk required, Staffs can only be created once your enchanting level is equal to the spell level of the staff.
Novice - 15
Apprentice - 25
Adept - 50
Expert - 75
Master - 90
- Some staffs, usually illusion ones, have the max level something can be to still be affected by the staff decently lower than the spell it's derived of, even without any boosting perks. These staffs have had the damage or level cap increased in order to make them equal or occasionally stronger than their base spell counterparts.
New staffs have been added based on almost every projectile spell and master level spells. The list from each school is included below.
(There's no new novice level staffs. I'm sorry)
- Fire Rune
- Frost Rune
- Shock Rune
- Vampire's Bane
- Fade Other (This staff is a joke and does basically nothing)
- Bane of the Undead
- Flame Thrall
- Frost Thrall
- Storm Thrall
- Dead Thrall
- Fire Storm
- Lightning Storm
- Mass Paralysis
A new perk is available to be unlocked at level 75 in enchanting. This gives the ability to create overcharged staffs at the staff enchanter which have significantly improved effects at the cost of a decrease in charges. This is generally a 100% increase in effectiveness but as some staffs are based on conjuring or other spells that can't be simply doubled this is not always the case.
Unenchanted Staff Crafting
The unenchanted version of staffs can now be crafted at forges. Pretty self explanatory.
This mod should be compatible with everything so long as it doesn't change how pre-existing staffs function or if it changes the enchanting skill tree. There is a patch for Ordinator allowing the perk tree to function properly. Other compatibility patches might be added depending if enough people request or I want to.
This is the standard downlod either by NMM or your Mod Organizer of choice or download manually and move the .esp into the data folder of Skyrim.
Either remove the mod from the load order if you downloaded by a mod organizer or delete it from data files if you downloaded manually.
v.1.0.0 - Release
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you enjoy the mod if you choose to download it.)